All rental applications will be processed in the order of receipt:
The same selection procedures will be used for all applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap/disability or familial status.
An application which is not completed in its entirety including phone numbers, addresses and information of current and prior landlords, creditors, references, etc. WILL NOT BE PROCESSED. The waiting list will be updated by mail on a regular basis. Failure to respond to the notice received will result in removal from the active waiting list. All applicants for assisted housing will be screened according to the criteria set forth in the Resident Selection Plan. These criteria relate to the individual behavior of each applicant in the household:
- Past performance in meeting financial obligations, especially rent;
- A record of disturbing neighbors, destruction of property, prior living or housekeeping habits which may adversely affect the health, safety or welfare of other residents, or cause damage to the unit or development:
- Involvement in criminal activity on the part of any applicant family member or guest which would adversely affect the health, safety or welfare of other residents;
- A record of eviction;
- An applicant’s ability and willingness to comply with the terms of the Property’s lease;
- An applicant’s misrepresentation of any information related to eligibility, allowances, family composition or rent.
Some reasons for rejection may be, but are not limited to:
- Negative response from current and/or one former landlord, utility suppliers (if applicable), Police Department or outside agency used, housing provider other than private landlord, credit report, treatment center, or Home Visit Report;
- Failure to meet property income limits;
- Family composition docs not meet requirements stipulated in our policies;
- Misrepresentation of information related to eligibility;
- Failure to comply with any material lease terms;
- Requiring services for lease compliance from management that would result in
If you are a person with a handicap or disability, please contact us so that we can determine whether there are mitigating circumstances that should be considered in your case, or whether reasonable accommodations would allow us to continue processing your application.
We are under no obligation to provide housing to every applicant and are required to make sound business judgements. In the event an applicant is rejected or denied. documentation of reason will be maintained in the rental office files for a period of three years from the date of rejection. AN ATTEMPT TO NOTIFY APPLICANT IN WRITING FOR REASONS OF DENIAL WILL BE MADE.